Want to keep in touch? Care to send me packages?
My address is:
Attn: Michelle Pryce, PCV
This will be updated when I get to my actual site
Other ways to contact me:
- Email: email@example.com
- WhatsApp: +250785920960
- Instagram: adventureadikt
- Facebook: facebook.com/MichellePryce
*When sending packages, USPS flat rate boxes are the most reliable and cost-effective. Write a message on the outside of the box like “School Supplies” or “Educational Materials”. Also put the date on the box so I can get an idea of how long things take to get here.
I have to pay a tax on receiving the packages so try not to declare a large value. I have also heard that sometimes if you’re nice and friendly the Post Office will give a MILITARY DISCOUNT if you mention Peace Corps, making packages RIDICULOUSLY cheaper. But that’s not a guarantee.
Due to rats and other critters, if you are sending food, PLEASE seal everything very well, and wrap food items in tin foil or press and seal. I’d feel bad if you wasted money mailing rat food
*You can purchase Global Forever Stamps at the post office. They’re circular and to my knowledge they cost about $1.25, at least that’s what people have told me. I can only buy stamps and mail things from the capital area, so it might take a little longer for me to reply.*
A few things I would really appreciate (but of course, ANYTHING will be appreciated SO much!):
- Clif Bars –>peanut toffee buzz. They have these at Trader Joe’s for $1/each
- Rice Krispy Treats
- Solar power string lights
- Dry soup mix <— this is a potato soup mix, but even simple things like ramen noodle packets are OK
- hot chocolate mix–bonus if it is dark chocolate
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal–Apple Cinnamon and Maple and Brown Sugar are my favorites
- Quaker Instant Grits–the flavored kind is better
- Individual cups of peanut butter.
- Gatorade Powder
- Insect Repellent
- Ziplock bags–>any sizes, I use them for storage [but they are illegal in Rwanda so it’s a crapshoot whether or not I’ll get them
- Condiments–>things is individual packages like Duke’s Mayo, Parmesan Cheese, Soy Sauce, BBQ sauce, Mustard
- Baby wipes/ Flush-able wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Cheese-its, pretzels
- Any “Just add water” meals (Pasta’s preferred!)